Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tiny Dancer Breanna

This was the day (actually about an hour prior to) the tornado hitting our county. The weather was pretty rainy and yucky all week and we weren't quite sure we would be able to fit this shoot in. But we dodged the rain and finished the shoot in plenty of time to take cover. I was so excited to take Breanna's photos! This was the first set of dance photos I've ever taken and I loved seeing her all dressed up in her dance costume, makeup, pretty hair, and tiara. She is so quiet and a bit shy (which most parents look at me and say "Ya right!" when I say that about their child. Most kids are a bit shy when I become the person with the big black camera in front of my face. I have known Breanna's mom for oh, about 16 (oh my goodness is that possible?!?) years when we worked together at our wonderful retail jobs. And now I work with Breanna's dad, well almost, not the same office, but the same building. So it's a real thrill for me to photograph children I haven't seen since they were babies. I feel so honored to be the one to capture their memories.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: